FIVE STAR RATING
1. What are the Pageant Deadlines? We accept registration until the divisions are filled. Be sure to register ASAP to save your spot. Photogenic entrants must submit photogenic head shot by May 25th.
2. What is the Refund Policy?Because of early preparation for the pageant, we are unable to give refunds. We collect fees ahead of time to ensure there are enough crowns, trophies, and side awards for every child. Our count is important to us and the pageant.
3. When and Where is the Pageant Held?The pageant will run from 10:00am-approximatley 2:30pm. Contestants need to arrive promptly at 9am to check in, sign pageant waiver and to receive their contestant number. The pageant will be held at the Westmark Hotel Gold Ballroom in Fairbanks, Alaska. Address as follows: 813 Noble St. Fairbanks, Alaska 99701. For hotel stay reservations contact 907-456-7722. Ask us about a block code for a discounted stay. For your convenience, the website address is www.westmarkhotels.com
4. What are the Clothing Requirements? Each contestant will need a FORMAL WEAR OUTFIT- this outfit can be a simple Sunday dress or a formal gown. Each contestant will also need a FUN WEAR OUTFIT- this outfit can be a creative costume or simple summer wear. This is where your child has the opportunity to stand out and reflect her personality. You may accessorize and bring props on approval.
5. What are the Contestants Required to do and judged on? Each contestant will have the chance to shine on the stage twice as she models her two outfits. She will be judged based on confidence, poise, and personality. The baby division will be judged on personality, happiness, and overall stage presence. Parents are always welcome to accompany their children on or along side of the stage for their pageant walk. If your child is under 3, it is required.
6. What About Hair and Makeup?Though we are a natural pageant, we understand a young girls passion with dressing up and playing with makeup. A small amount of lip gloss/color, blush, or shadow is fine but absolutely no foundations, fake tans, flippers (fake teeth), fake nails (polish is o.k.), eyeliners or fake lashes. This age group is naturally beautiful and that's what we like to see.
7. What Kind of Prizes can we Look Forward to?Each child will be crowned, awarded a trophy and a side award medallion at the end of the pageant. Eligible contestants will also be awarded Photogenic Plaques and Talent Awards. Each age division will have a Duchess, Princess and Queen winner. These title holders will get larger trophies, sashes and crowns. Additionally, 3 Supreme Princesses will be pulled to the Supreme Court for higher titles and be crowned as 3rd Place Overall Little Miss Alaska Princess, 2nd Place Overall Little Miss Alaska Princess, and the 1st Place Overall Little Miss Alaska Princess 2016. The 3 Supreme Princesses hold the highest points in the pageant.
8. Will There be a Rehearsal?Yes. Contestants and ONE guardian will need to arrive at the Westmark Hotel Gold Ballroom promptly at 9:00am pageant day to get checked in for rehearsal and group photos. Please be on time as rehearsal is important in allowing the contestants to familiarize themselves with the surroundings. This provides comfort on the stage before the pageant begins. Doors will open for guests at 10am only. Pageant will start at 10:15am.
9. Can we Invite Guests?Yes. We encourage you to bring your support entourage! They should arrive at 10:00am to be seated. Contestant and Mother or Female Guardian will receive backstage passes to the dressing room and will not be required to purchase admission tickets. The price of admission for all other guests is as follows: Adults- $10.00 Children- $5.00 Infants under 2- No Charge
10. Can we Donate Gifts for the Contestants? Yes, every year parents bring little goodies such as hair bows, lip glosses, stickers. Ect. We use the items to put together gift bags for the contestants. The girls enjoy this at the end of the pageant and thank you kindly! If you rather help out by donating $5 towards the goodie bags, you will have that option when you are directed to the payment page.
11. Can we Take Photos? Yes, we encourage you to capture special moments of your day!
12. Are There Online contests?Yes, follow us on Facebook and Instagram for more information and chances to win extra awards.
13. What are the age Requirements for my Child to Enter Talent and is there a time limit for the routine?Your child must be able to do a performing act, dance routine, song, comedy act, or talent showcase of some nature. Age of child performing is at the parents discretion. Talent must not go over 3 minutes. You must have your music for your talent routine downloaded and with you pageant day as well as email a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org as back up.
Here is a list of Frequently Asked Questions we have prepared to assist you.
Side Award Titles Below
FIVE STAR RATING
We are currently accepting registration for girls ages newborn - thirteen. The Complete Pageant Package includes entry into your child's age Division for Model Walk, Online Viewers Choice Contest, and submission into all Side Awards. Each Age Division will have a Duchess, Princess, and Queen Title holder. This package price is $185. You may register siblings at a discounted rate of $155 per sibling.
Additionally, there are three Optional Categories. Talent, Photogenic and Popularity.
The Photogenic Contest fee is $20 and can be added to your package under the registration tab. Our Official Photographer will take one professional free head shot for your daughter to submit into the contest. This is not required but is available to you. There will be one Photogenic Winner per age division. Photogenic winners will win a beautiful photogenic plaque and a free photo shoot with Anna Monaghan Photography. The shoot will take place in the ballroom after the pageant ends to ensure out of town winners receive their free photo shoot. Locals can also reschedule for another day if preferred.
The Talent Entry Fee is $30. There is only one talent division with a mix of ages and a max of 10 contestants. You can sign up for talent directly under the Talent Tab. All talent entrants will receive a dazzling rhinestone Talent Star pin and a personalized talent certificate. 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place Talent Stars will be awarded Rhinestone Encrusted Trophies and glittering sashes. Talent must be approved by the director.
The Miss Popularity Princess Contest is an optional sponsorship opportunity. Upon registration, you will be emailed a Princess Popularity Vote Sheet that you can print. You can sell $1.00 sponsorship tickets to friends and family. Each Division will hold One Popularity Princess, the princess that sells the most $1.00 vote tickets. Sheets and sponsorship monies will be collected and totaled on pageant day!